How to Reach Family Members Residing at WWRC
WWRC operates 24 hours/day, seven days/week, year-round, with the exception of two weeks in December, when the Center is closed for the holidays.
WWRC Switchboard Phone: 800-345-9972
Hours of Operation: Mondays through Fridays
8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
If you need to reach someone during regular business or after hours, call 800-345-9972 and select the most appropriate option.
WWRC Emergency Alert System
WWRC uses an Emergency Alert System, commonly knows as SARA (Situation Awareness and Response Assistant), to alert clients, staff, families, visitors, and community partners in the event of an emergency affecting its campus and to provide routine updates regarding the status of the emergency situation.
The Emergency Alert System (SARA) uses a WWRC campus public broadcast system which includes
- electronic message boards,
- strobe lights,
- email and
- phones (cell, land-line, text).
Also, emergency alert messages may be displayed on the WWRC Internet Home Page.
Clients, families, and community partners who wish to be alerted via phone or email during an emergency can request this service by
- calling WWRC Safety and Risk Management Department: 800-345-9972, Ext. 2505 or 540-851-2505
- emailing Safety and Risk Management Department to provide their cell and/or landline phone number or email or cell phone text address.
Emergency contact information may be removed or changed at any time by using the same methods listed above. Please note that the alert system (SARA) is also used for
- routine drills and
- system status checks.
By providing contact information, you will be alerted during campus-wide drills or alert system testing.
WWRC Closings or Delays Due to Inclement Weather
Announcements will be available through:
- WWRC Inclement Weather Phone Line: 800-345-9972, Ext. 7941 or 540-332-7941
- WWRC Email: Login
- Text to Personal Cell Phone Text Message: Sign up through Risk Management Services Department, 800-345-9972, Ext. 2505 or 540-851-2505
|Emergency Communications Information (EmergencyCommInfo@wwrc.virginia.gov)|
|Phone||800-345-9972, Ext. 7163